/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> Black Words......: Pablo Aimar

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Pablo Aimar


Pablo Aimar would be my playmaker. What a talent! He is just so elegant and always has a trick up his sleeve to pull out at the right moment. Everybody will see at this World Cup what an amazing player he is - he can make the difference in our team.
I would be in midfield with these guys, and ahead of us would be my strikers: Gabriel Batistuta and Claudio Caniggia. I would have them because it was always really beautiful to see the two of them playing together. Batistuta was the best striker of the 90s, no doubt about that. He came from nowhere and scored goals like no other; I admire him a lot..

Caniggia, on the other hand, was the sort of player who would maybe only appear at some matches, but he had so many spectacular moments. And I will never forget his goal against Brazil at the 1990 World Cup. What a moment for all of us!
I only need one more player to make my perfect team and that would obviously be Diego Maradona. There is only one player who should be in every team, and it’s Diego. What he did in Mexico has never been done before, and nobody will come even close to that again. In those few weeks he was better than everyone before him and everyone since.